What is Covvered?
Covvered is a platform that keeps track of your warranties, insurance policies, repairs, and servicing. Never pay for a repair or replacement when you don’t need to, Covvered makes the whole process easy.
Who are we?
An established small team based in a central London office which is friendly and fast paced. With our rapid development, we are seeking to expand our team.
We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO with a notable track record in the tech sector. You will be responsible for making executive technology decisions for Covvered, including managing a budget, hiring, and making investments to align the company technology needs with its vision. The successful applicant will become a key member of the leadership team alongside the founders.
- Responsible for executive decisions related to Covvered technological innovation.
- Key player in creating and designing Covvered’s technological vision, strategy and delivery roadmap
- Leading and implementing strategies (approved by the Board), ensuring that resources are aligned with Covvered business direction and user needs.
- Setting the short, medium and long term product vision
- Owning the end-to-end user experience of our first mobile and web app
- Overseeing all user research, user testing and platform design
- Design, and implement a scalable tech stack & infrastructure
- Ensure scalability, efficiency, and security of all technical systems
- Attract, hire, and retain a world-class engineering team
- Represent the company in investor meetings with the founders
- Supervising and mentoring a team of software engineers, product managers and UX/UI designers
- Working closely with Product Management and Engineering to create and maintain a product backlog according to business objectives.
- Driven by the constant need to find and deliver solutions whilst excited by skin-in-the game reward incentives
- Strong team leader, creating the future vision for Covvered and be a strong team player within the exec team.
- Built-up vast technical experience by having worked on stretching projects at different levels of development in different scenarios.
- Software development, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting
- Architect, design, and develop scalable and robust systems
- Excellent communicator and technical project manager
- Eager to roll up sleeves and hack together viable solutions
- Innovative and thinks outside the box
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Natural team leader
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- You love data and are data-driven
- Will be well-versed in technology and start-up challenges.
- Experience working inside tech start-ups at CTO level in fintech or Insuretech would be advantageous.
- Built state-of-the-art technology organisations
- Delivered tech system infrastructure that scaled to thousands of users
- Knowledge of latest tech trends in insurtech
- Experience in designing ETL business data pipelines is a bonus
- Experience in the UK startup ecosystem is a bonus
- Having previously founded a business is a bonus
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us – we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside when we’re successful together
- Private health insurance
- Work within a small team and fast paced environment
- Flexible and remote working possibilities
- Have a positive impact on thousands of peoples lives
If you’re interested and want to join our dynamic team, then please get in touch and send through your CV, cover letter and any relevant links.